Wednesday 14 May 2014

My 5 must have baby products

It's hard to know what your baby might need when he/she arrives! We all know the big things...Moses basket, cot, pram etc but its the small things that we can sometimes forget about. 
In fact there was a lot of products out there that I had never even heard of until I had Ava.

Here are five products I use all the time, that I find invaluable:

1. Calpol Soothe & Care Nasal Spray

A lot of babies are very congested after birth and this can last for weeks, in Ryan's case months!
Ill never forget when Ava was born we woke one night thinking she wasn't able to breath properly because she was so caught up, the doctor confirmed it was just mucus and she advised me to buy a saline spray! It worked great, anytime she was caught up I'd give her a spray and she would have immediate relief. I made sure to have this for when Ryan arrived and I'm glad I did as he needed it more than Ava ever did. 




2. Nuk Nasal Decongester

This works great with the nasal spray You just hold the nozzle up to one nostril, press the other nostril gently with your fingertip, squeeze the pump ball and then reduce pressure, this will remove the mucus from the nose!



3. Nuk Nail Clipper

I found this much easier to use than a baby scissors. My two would never leave mitts on them so using this every week was, and in Ryan's case is the only way to stop them from scratching their faces.



4. Avent Milk Powder Dispenser

The milk powder dispenser is a container that holds pre-measured amounts of formula.
My one has three compartments, enough for three feeds and can hold up to nine scoops.
This kept me from going insane during night feeds, it's so handy you just open the lid and poor into bottle! Also a must have for day outings!



5. Muslin Cloths

If your like me and have a baby with reflux (Both Ava and Ryan had reflux) you will know they get sick a lot! Muslin cloths are so handy for quickly cleaning up whilst feeding! I got mine in Dunnes but they can be found in loads of shops.


DLA xx




No comments:

Post a Comment